We are so pleased you are considering becoming a volunteer in the JLR!
As a first step in becoming a Junior League of Rochester member, each woman is required to attend a New Member session. Each session offers new members an opportunity to gain a solid foundation of the Junior League’s mission, goals, organizational structure, and the chance to meet other JLR new and active members.
Once a woman decides to join the Junior League of Rochester, she begins her experience as she:
- Attends a New Member training session
- Pays a New Member fee and League dues (prorated depending on time of year)
- Is paired with a mentor
- Participates in a variety of social and volunteer meetings and events
- Completes a Member Compact (personalized engagement plan) and is placed on a committee
- Is inducted in active membership!
We will provide you with:
- Resources to help educate you on the Junior League of Rochester as well as the Association of Junior League International Inc (AJLI)
- Opportunities to connect with dedicated women to grow your support network